Did you know?
- Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans.
- About 600,000 people die of heart disease in the United States every year– that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
- Every year about 715,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 525,000 are a first heart attack and 190,000 are a second heart attack.
- In the United States, someone has a heart attack every 34 seconds. Each minute, someone in the United States dies from a heart disease-related cause.
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death for people of most racial/ethnic groups in the United States, including African Americans, Hispanics and whites. For Asian Americans or Pacific Islanders and American Indians or Alaska Natives, heart disease is second only to cancer.
Learn more about heart disease from the CDC.
Heart Disease Health Panels
ARCpoint Labs of Pleasanton, CA offers a series of tests to check your heart health. Knowing your numbers can not only help determine your cardiovascular health, but also monitor your progress as you set goals to improve your health.
Heart Panels and Profiles can include:
- Lipids (checks the fats in the bloodstream – cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) with differential (checks for anemia by measuring white blood cells, hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelets)
- Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- C-Reactive Protein (Cardiac CRP)
- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
- Lipoprofile LDL Particle Size NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance)
- Lipoprotein-associated Phospholipase A2 (PLAC)
- Apolipoprotein B
Contact ARCpoint for your Heart Health Wellness Screen Today
To request a “heart health” wellness panel or a specific test related to your cardiovascular health, please contact ARCpoint Labs of Pleasanton, CA today.